Gauteng boasted the biggest numbers of entries with well over 100 riders from 26 different schools present at each event. Results were decided by the best two out of three events which gave everyone the safety of one round for things not to go their way, it also made the final round more exciting as there were no clear leaders and the final heats would be the deciding factors!
1. Andrea de Waal (Potchefstroom Girls)
2. Havannah Blem (Sutherland)
3. Alison Crichton (Sutherland)
1. Richard Nel (Hartebeespoort)
2. Marco Moolman (Menlo Park)
3. James Moore (Heronbridge)
1. Kaylin Prinsloo (Hartebeespoort)
2. Kelsi Chomse (Fourways)
3. Prayer Mbulawa (Diepsloot MTB Academy)
1. Bendeon Myburgh (Waterkloof)
2. Jared Cowan (Sutherland)
3. Chad Fikkert (Midstream)
1. Saffron Vosloo (Menlo Park)
1. Jacques Lloyd (Zwartkop)
2. Deon Du Toit (Montana)
3. Ruan de Villiers (Pretoria Boys)
However it was the Overall School Team prize that everyone was waiting to hear announced with a cheque for R10 000 Enjoy Fitness cycling kit and a Rayne Camera up for grabs. Gauteng gave us the closest contest for the overall team with a minute 632 points separating first and third – a mere one, maybe two extra riders or rounds advanced.
It was the same three teams fighting it out as in the year before with Zwartkop High School bitterly close once again having to settle for second place. It was first and third from 2014 that swapped over with the Diepsloot MTB Academy finishing third this year and Sutherland High School jumping up onto the top step and walking away with all the spoils!
1. Sutherland High School (10630)
2. Zwartkop High School (10138)
3. Diepsloot MTB Academy (9998)
Well done to all the riders representing the 26 School Teams that participated in the Gauteng leg of the Junior Eliminator Series for 2015. Big thanks to our three host venues: Sutherland High School, PWC Bike Park and Heronbridge College.
A huge thank you to our sponsors Trek Bikes, Fox Racing, Enjoy Fitness, Skullcandy, OGIO, Rayne Camera and Paul Bothner Music for helping make the whole series possible!
That’s it for 2015 – we look forward to announcing the dates and venues for 2016 soon!